Sunday, June 7, 2009

Having Something New Does Not Mean Having Something Fun

The computer is new, and fast as lightnin'. However, I am complicating my situation by working from two computers at the same time.  I set up three documents to print, and it was just taking them forever. Finally I looked at the cable and realized that I had moved the printer cable to the new computer - to print while the other stuff was printing - from the old computer - in the middle of the print job. No wonder. I have wasted so much time. I am focused. I decided earlier to take a break, make a meal, sit outside in the beautiful weather, and just look at the book for the computer that was still in the box.  Should I take the computer out with me? Sure, just take a look. Take the WEP key with me on my phone, sent by my husband, and just get connected. OK. So, where is my phone? Nowhere to be found. So, a trek to the car and sure enough it had fallen out of my dress pocket onto the seat. Thank GOD! Well, it was just too bright to sit out there to try to do something I wasn't going to do anyway, so I came in. Now I am surrounded by printer, two computers, the TV, my dinner plate, the table with the basket full of remote controls and a growing stack of notebooks and paper. Of course I didn't stay up all night last night. How silly. I had to go to church at 8:00. So I went to bed at 1:00 am. I think I will do better tonight because the printer is right here - if I can just keep it connected to the right computer at the right time. Oh, I yearn for the mister that will transfer all that stuff over for me. But for now, I'm it and I'll just have to measure better. Wish me luck. By the way - I bought extra ink. Won't get caught by that one. Now if I can just get it on the page.

No comments: